If you're like me you have a constant urge to travel that nothing can suppress. However, between your traveling there are a few things that you can do to tide you over until your next bit trip.
1. Take a weekend trip to a near by destination.
2. Drive to a near by town and check out their museums and shops.
3. Go to Vegas for the weekend, a lot of make airlines offer extremely low direct ticket flights to Vegas. And hotels in Vegas are constantly having specials. Check out travelzoo for some amazing Vegas deals.
4. Take a long bicycle or motorcycle ride. Plan out your trip to include a couple of towns that you haven't been too before. And just have fun exploring, be sure to take enough water!
5. My personal favorite is to drive around and try to get lost. You can find some incredible places this way. I just pick a random back country road and just drive.