Friday, October 17, 2014

Challenge yourself to be a better you

When I walk in to my local grocery store I am affronted by the seasonal treats; pies, caramel apples, cupcake, cakes, cookies, breads, muffins, candies, delectable deserts of the fall variety everywhere! 

This time of year I usually gain 10-15 lbs, I'm not ashamed to admit that I have a weakness for the yummy deserts and the heart warming foods of the season. This year I am challenging myself to do better. To keep the holidays foods on the holidays only. There are four major holidays in the next 82 days, all of which include candy, deserts, heavy foods and tons alcohol. So this year I am challenging myself to not indulge in these things except for on said holidays. This is going to be a hard challenge for me but I think that I can do it. 

As part of this challenge I am also going to log every piece of food that I eat. I already use MyFitnessPal but I slack off on certain days (weekends) when it comes to logging. What I mean by logging everything, I mean EVERYTHING!!! even down to the cream in my coffee! This may be extreme to some of you but for me it is my checks and balances. One of the only ways I can make myself truly accountable for my actions. 

I am currently in cahoots with my friend Tricia about forming a new challenge series that we will be doing together. Stay tuned for more challenge updates coming soon! 
Will you join me in my health wise challenge?

Keep on Running!