Sunday, October 5, 2014

Diet or Not to Diet?

Diet, for me, I have to watch every single little thing I eat or I balloon up over night! I personally keep a food log on MyFitnessPal, bassett8807 to friend me, and I really do try to log all the food that I eat. I also keep track of my exercise on MyFitnessPal and MapMyRun for all of my outside workouts (you may also friend me on MapMyRun!). 
MyFitnessPal
MapMyRun
I started working out and dieting in 2011 and I lost 40 lbs! But when I moved to the Seattle and started working night shift I gained 30 lbs slowly over a year and a half. All of my hard work down the drain! I was still working out and eating healthy but the schedule did not suit my body. I couldn't figure it out. Finally one day I was pushed to my limits and tried, what I consider to be, something drastic. I started Nutrisystem
Right away I started losing weight! I lost 15 lbs in the first couple of months. Then I plateaued for a few months, which was due to my busy summer schedule and slacking a little on logging what I was eating. These last couple of months, however, I have been able to get out running regularly again and I have lost 8 more lbs. I am almost back to my goal weight 135! 

For me an even more controlled diet is what I needed, I hate admitting that but it's true. With the food logging, Nutrisystem and regular exercise I was able to get my health back on track. 

When I started Nutrisystem I used their highest plan the Women's Select Plan which worked great and you get to choose what you want from their frozen and dry food, you also get free shakes the first week but I am now on a weening off plan, Women's Just Lunch & Snack Success Plan is the plan that I am currently on. So I am doing breakfast and dinner on my own. I like it, even one less meal to think about a day is a nice break. I usually have a cereal or oatmeal for breakfast and salad for my dinner. 

For me I know that my weight will always be a struggle for me and that I will always have to watch what I eat and continue to exercise. I don't plan on using Nutrisystem for forever, I am currently working on eating my own meals and keeping them as healthy as possible but it's still work!

 That's why I like to run in races, it's a way to keep things interesting and fun. Going to the gym every day for the rest of my life doesn't really sound like a fun idea to me. So I like to make it as fun as possible with my races! For instance in the morning I will be running the the Rivalry Clash Huskies vs Cougars 10k! Why is this race more exciting than a normal 10k for me? Well, I get to dress up of course! I will be posting my review of the race later with pictures :D
But the little things like that are how I stay motivated to keep healthy and in shape. 

What motivates you?

Keep on running!