Friday, October 3, 2014

Glorious run in the sun!

So I decided to do something a little different on my run today. I've noticed many of my running and cycling friends stop and take photos during their training outings, so I decided to give it a try. I live in the PNW and have been blessed with numerous hiking/running/equestrian trails near my home. The most convenient and probably my favorite trail to run/bike on is the Sammamish River Trail. I personally access the trail in Redmond and I love to run down to Marymoore Park on the warmer days because of the many convenient water fountains and on the cooler days head north towards Woodenville. That is the direction I took today and it was completely beautiful out!
The leaves are already starting to fall! This one is right outside my apartment. The first tree to great me on my run today. Saf to see the leaves have ready fallen.
I always try to stretch when I'm at a stop light, it seems like time well spent compared to running in place! So sometimes people get to see a great view of my booty when I'm doing toe touches at the lights! 
My entrance to the trail! Couldn't be more picturesque! The ducks are migrating so they are everywhere right now, watch where you step their land mines are everywhere too! 
So sunny on this October day in the PNW, very fortunate for this weather this time of the year. Ready to get my run on.
Everyone that has ever run/biked with me knows I always stress hydration, it is so important and yet so many for go it. Don't skip the water! 
My turn around point for the day, mile 2.5 for a 5 mile run total. Nice easy run before work, nothing too hard. Can't be falling asleep on the job! 
The fall colors are starting to shine through! I love the colors of fall but I think the temperatures are my favorite part of this time of year. Makes running so much more enjoyable! 
Again with the hydration! I finished up solid! Made it up my hill without stopping, which is a new feat for me. I've only been able to complete this without stopping for the last month or so, I'm pretty proud of it too! It's a terrible hill! 
So enjoyed my run today, I'm glad I was able to share it with you. Where do you like to run? Do you hate hills like me? What is your favorite sports fuel? Do you ever take photos on your run? I'd love to hear your stories! 

This post is dedicated to Shannon G! Keep going girl!

Keep on running!