Friday, November 7, 2014

A rest day and a stair climb!

All bets are off for today. I went to bed feeling unwell, didn't sleep at all and got up still feeling like poo. I mentally don't want a rest day but my body is screaming at me saying it needs one. Bummer... Sometimes you just need to rest. Recover so you can get back at it!
Maybe this little guy will at least put a smile on your face.

On the bright side I did just rediscover this climb! I didn't sign up for the Big Climb Seattle this year because I was underwhelmed by it last year. But the ALA Fight for Air Climb looks like it could be fun!
"The Fight For Air Climb is a stair climb event - or as some like to call it a “vertical foot race”.  This is a timed event that can be done by the serious or “elite” athlete as well as friends,  family and coworkers. The Seattle Fight for Air Climb is a single climb, but with multiple floor climbing options to climb up to 80, 120 or 160 floors, and is enough to be challenging to the competitive racer as well as the weekend warrior!" - Source Here 
I love that you can virtually do as many floors as you want with this one too. 
This events is held in the Rainier Tower in Seattle, it is 31 stories tall so it is quite a bit shorter than the Columbia Tower but you can go up and down the tower more than once! So that isn't an excuse not to push yourself. 
Minding my rest day, searching for fun healthy activities! Keep this event in mind! It's for a great cause and it's a lot of fun!
Keep on Running!