Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Strange things are happening

Well I'm up! I don't know how I'm up at 4:30 for two days in a row for my second day shift this week before going back to nights on Thursday but I'm up! So far I have adhered to my workout plan for this week. My run don so far:
Sunday - Get your rear in gear 5k
Monday -3 mile jog and Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown
I don't do traditional yoga, even though it is still a  huge workout I just don't feel like it has pushed me hard enough. So last night I did Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown for the first time. I've never done a yoga quite like this before. It was almost more of a pilates workout if it weren't for all of the vinyasas. She had us do each move 15 times and then held that position for 15 seconds before moving on to the next move. 
Tonight my goal is to run 6 miles after I get off work. I really hope that I have enough energy to pull that off. Last night my run was very wet. My feet were completely soaked by the time I finished... so I might have to wear different shoes today. It was my first rain run in my new shoes and I felt like they held up really well. No weird rubbing or slipping, which was great! 
The more I run, the less I mind running in the rain. Right now the temps aren't too cold so it's really not bad at all as long as I keep moving my body seems to keep itself warm.
So far tonight's weather forecast is looking good! 
7 pm 50°Cloudy FEELS LIKE: 49° HUMIDITY: 93% PRECIP: 20% WIND: SE at 4 mph
Time to go to work! What has been the hardest training run you've had to do?
Keep on Running!