Saturday, November 8, 2014

Surprise rest day!

My surprise rest day was a good thing, even though this puts me officially 12 miles behind on my workout plan for this week I am glad that I had a surprise visit from my boyfriend today before work. I have been going non-stop and hardly get to see him these days and he had good news about his duplex being rented out for the first time, so that was great to hear!
I was able to get in 30 minutes of strength training last night at work, so that is great! I was able to get all 3 strength training workouts in this week, even if it was weird. I feel like once I get through this next week I will be able to work work work out! I am actually really glad that I decided to post my week's workout plan and try to keep you all updated on it. Keeps me going and trying hard even when I don't want to. With my next half marathon in just three weeks this is definitely helping me keep in shape for it. I will post next weeks workout guideline in a bit. Next week will be even more of a challenge... So if you aren't confused enough I thought I'd share with you my work schedule from this week and next to show why I am so tired! 
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
6am-6pm
6am-6pm

6PM-
6AM,   6PM-
6AM,   6PM-
6AM
6am-6pm

6PM-
6AM,    6PM-
6AM,   6PM-
6AM,   6PM-
6AM
I color coded the days to try and help explain. The yellow shifts are the day shift that I have been working and the blue are the graveyard shifts. Because they are 12 hour shifts my graveyard shift days are literally split in half. 6 hours on one day and then 6 hours on the next day for the same shift! 
As you can see I still work 6 hours on Sundays (12 hrs for the full night), meaning any and all races that I have been doing lately I go to After getting off work for the night. At my last 5k, I was SO glad it was only a 5k, I thought I was going to pass out in the middle from just being so tired. 
I hope this explains why I have been a whiney baby the last few days. But I have high hopes for Dec. it looks like I will finally be going to day shift, full time! Bye Bye graveyard!
Thank you all for reading and for your support! 
I've recently had a thought, an experiment in seeing just how dark the circles under my eyes can get... haha 
Keep on Running!