Sunday, November 2, 2014

With your help I can do this!

Over the next couple of weeks I am going to have a crazy busy schedule so I thought I would lay out a workout schedule to go with my work schedule and post it to help keep myself accountable. 
I have set myself a couple of fitness goals through Jan. 1st. First, I am trying to up my mileage to around 30 miles a weak through the end of the year. Second, I'd like to lose 6 lbs by the end of Nov. Through my log everything and my 3 x 30 challenges I feel that 6 lbs could be possible! Two pounds a week is a lot to strive for but I believe I can do it. I have been pretty successful with my weight loss so far, my goal has been to lose 1 lb a week and I have been averaging about that, the last few weeks I fell roughly 3 lbs behind where I want to be. As long as I don't stray from my plan I feel that I can accomplish this goal. 

This is what I have planned for this week.
Sunday - Get your rear in gear 5k (3.1 miles)
Monday - 3 mile run 30 min strength
Tuesday - 6 mile run
Wednesday - 8 mile run 30 min strength
Thursday - 6 mile run
Friday - 3 mile run 30 min strength
Saturday - 6 mile run
Total Miles = 35.1
Strength workouts = 3 x 30

With my 3 x 30 challenge I have been successful so far, which I am glad of. I have decided it is also a great way to be introduced to many different types of work outs. The dumbbell blast workout had many moves in it that I had never done before (and I am feeling it today).
I have been exploring the world of free online workouts that I can potentially do later on in this challenge. Why? I am tired of paying for workout programs! I love the Beachbody workouts and I have completed P90X, Insanity and TurboFire, these are all wonderful workouts but they come with a hefty price tag. As you all know I love Bob Harper's videos as well but I want to branch out and try new things, I just don't want to pay for it!
Do you have any online/free workouts that you like? 
Keep on Running!